Sunday, May 25, 2014

Rush Hour Jr. Traffic Jam Logic Game Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



 I recently got picked to try and review a great kids logic game: Rush Hour Jr. by ThinkFun. I had never seen or heard of this logic game until now however, I am a big fan of all kinds of games. We love to play board games, video games and card games and I really like it when a game gets the kids to think while they are having fun! That is exactly what happened when we played Rush Hour Jr.!


 Rush Hour Jr. is a fun problem solving, single player, game for kids ages 5 & up.....I had fun, too! The goal is to get the ice cream truck out of a rush hour traffic jam. You do this by picking a card and positioning the car game pieces on the board with the ice cream truck in the position that is shown on the card that you picked. Then you shift the game pieces that are blocking the path for the ice cream truck forwards or backwards or up and down the game board so the ice creak truck can move off the board. You win when once you can slide the ice cream truck out the exit on the game board.


 The levels of the challenge goes from easy, medium, hard to super hard. I have to tell you that I tried a medium card and didn't get the ice cream truck out of the traffic jam. Let me tell you that the kids will never let me forget that I couldn't do it the first try. I had a blast trying the game and the kids laughed so hard when I lost. They could not wait to show me how it is done...right! I love that Rush Hour Jr. gets them excited and makes them (and me) think when we play it. 










 There is more to this game than just fun for the kids. It helps them with being able to focus and pay attention, to look at a problem (the game board) and think through the steps to solving the problem so they can win the game. Finally, the confidence that they gain by sliding that ice cream truck off the game board makes them want to try the harder levels. I know that this will be a favorite game in the house from now on.

 You can find ThinkFun and all the different challenging games at:



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment